Friday 5 August 2011

Dilemmas

Wow. I never contemplated how difficult it would be to design and furnish an apartment!! I thought it would be easy: go to ikea and bob´s your uncle! But ohhh no. I find myself wondering if things colour co ordinate, if the coffee table is at the right height, in line with the sofa, symmetrical…. aaaaaaaaaarghh! All this stress is totally self inflicted of course, as Tomás doesn´t really care about the minor details…but I´m a complete perfectionist, fussy and really indecisive…. for example, i could literally spend 30 minutes walking around a home store, studying all the products, thinking if it will go well, if it´s practical, if its over priced, blah blah, then walk out with nothing, only to come back 10 minutes later and buy way too many things! =D

Never mind. It´s all completely new, and the living room is finally coming together, after finally caving in and deciding to stop buying clothes/jewelry etc for myself and start looking after the apartment! I had curtains and a sofa already here when I arrived, so that pretty much determined the colour scheme, but I´ve kinda added a few nice little touches so far. It´s no where near finished, as I still have to add shelves, pictures and some more accessories, but it´s finally starting to feel cosy and like home :)

No comments: